Wednesday 29 July 2009

Age.

I have been thinking lately about the ridiculous age guidelines set by the government. How we are allowed to raise a child at 16, care for an ACTUAL human being, but not drink/purchase alcohol legally? Doesn't that sound stupid? We can bring into the world and nurture a child and have sole responsibility for said child, but not vote and have a say about who runs our country or drive a car?



So are the government saying that at 16 I am more than responsible enough to handle the pain of labour, the looking after, feeding, providing for and emotional drain of a child? I can cope with all that but I can't handle making a sound judgement on who I want running the country? I can cope with ensuring the child gets the best education it can, I can inspire and ensure said child has hopes, dreams and aspirations, and do everything in my power to ensure that this child reaches it's ambitions, but I am not responsible enough to drive a car or conduct myself responsibly around alcohol?



That makes a whole lot of sense.





Love a slighty miffed,

Poppy

x x x