Monday 27 July 2009

Well.

I feel all uninspired. There are lots of things I could blog about, funny anecdotes about how my 'hilarious' mother had friends over at the weekend and how they got drunk and started a competition to see who could juggle for the longest amount of time *sigh* whilst I entertained our Spanish 'lodger' with the only decent thing on TV in the next room, having absolutely no excuse for the insanity of the household in which I live. I could also tell you about my day today, which has been eventful, how Tesco's have decided they may have a vacancy for me (joys!), how Dunnelm Mills has just this second (as I was typing) called me and asked if I am available for an interview on Saturday (actual joy, I love their candles, and furniture actually), how I was asked out by a co-worker of my Mum's for a 'coffee' after his shift tomorrow (not joy, I don't want to date him, he's very funny and nice, and i thought we'd be great friends, obviously not) and how I had to explain to four quite angry/confused Spanish 14-15 year olds that as the bus routes have changed, they would have to walk an extra two minutes to catch the bus home. Their reaction was a moody "Thanks much." Even though I had got up at 6 to make sure I had them there in time for college, so their gratitude was overwhelming, quite obviously.
I could tell you about how I got a phone call that made me kind of reflect and cry a bit. But I am glad I got that phone call, concerning something I have been wanting to fix, but haven't known how. I hope very much that it can be fixed now. I know the person who phoned me reads my blogs, and I very much hope that person is reading this one, and knows that you kind of made my day. I very much want to fix this.
Well. That was meant to be a brief update. Haha, but it's not so brief, so i'll take this opportunity to stop typing and rambling and go and do something productive.

much love from a very surreal and dazed feeling,
Poppy
x x x

ps. also reading a very good book. called the Memory Keeper's Daughter. it's about a doctor who when delivering his wife's twins, discovers one of them had Down's Syndrome and tells his wife that the baby has died, when he actually send her away with a nurse. It's very good.